PoohRO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

How to change Skin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zertrex

zertrex

Male
Number of posts : 165
Job/hobbies : Student / Killer
Humor : TO KILL TORA
Registration date : 2009-01-18

How to change Skin Empty
PostSubject: How to change Skin   How to change Skin Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:04 pm

Introduction

What your RO interface looks like can completely change the way you look at and play RO!

Skins, or themes, are packages of bmp files you can download to change the look of your Ragnarok interface.

However, not everyone has the same taste, and some of you might not be satisfied with the way any of those skins look! This guide will teach you how to add MORE skins, the ones you really want.

Finding More Skins

Where do you find skins? Well, if I were writing this guide some time ago, I would have given you a long list of many different websites that you can download different skins from. However, now, RO Empire website has archived most skins available online into one place -- their skins database. Hence, the list I give you now is quite small.

1) iRO Skin Database
(Occasionally updated)

2) RO Empire Skins
(The biggest database of skins -- MOST RECOMMENDED. The only downside is that it requires registration in order to download skins.)

3) Serinex.net Skins
(A small skin site.)

4) iROWiki.org Skins
(Several skins you can conveniently download.)

Implementing the skin

Now it's time to download the skin.
The image below shows you an example of me about to download my personal favorite skin called "NightSong Heaven" from iROWiki.org Skins database mentioned earlier.
How to change Skin 242u7ud

When your download is complete, open the file (usually in .zip or .rar format) to unzip it.

What you should then have is a folder with the name being the skin title, with a bunch of bmp images and a sub-folder called "basic interface", all in unzipped, regular state.

The inner contents should be something like this --
How to change Skin Oaoz7r

** Make sure your downloaded skin folder is not nested within another skin folder. The inner contents should exactly be what is shown in the above picture as soon as you open your first folder. **

Now, copy the skin folder that you've just downloaded and paste it into "skin" folder in your Pooh-RO directory.
How to change Skin 23mst20
How to change Skin 116jm0p

Using the New Skin!

Now go in game, and press Alt+O.

In the skins dropdown menu, you should see your skins listed in descending alphabetical order.
How to change Skin 1zqamj7

Simply select the skin, and voila! You are done.
That was easy!

Enjoying the Skin!

There are many, many great skins out there, and so it is helpful to be able to freely change your in-game interface as you see fit. It is important to know that you are not limited by the skins that you automatically see by default.

Skin is undoubtedly the most significant visual aspect of RO. It can completely change the way you feel about the game, from technical to medieval to just plain cute!

Hope this guide helped to better some of your gaming experience at Pooh-RO!

PS: this is another one of my favourite skins, "Baphomet."
How to change Skin N1oz2a

Feel free to post the names of favorite skins or any troubleshooting questions you may have.

Thanks for reading! I hope u appreciate my work lol ^^

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com
nateriver

nateriver

Male
Number of posts : 270
Job/hobbies : laptop, rpg games, day dreaming
Humor : what?
Registration date : 2009-01-18

How to change Skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to change Skin   How to change Skin Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:59 pm

nice guide for those who doesn't know anything about the skins/theme in RO /no1
Back to top Go down

How to change Skin
Page 1 of 1